- Medjool dates Large: A natural source of energy. Always a good option to stop cravings and a great sugar substitute in recipes. It comes in a re-sealable bag and is always fresh!
- 100% organic, without preservatives, without sulfur. The best nutrition and quality for you.
- Medjool jumbo dates Large Healthy and nutritious snacks: Rich in fiber and a rich source of antioxidants and many vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Suitable for vegetarians, vegans, and raw food diets, good for weight control.
- Storage Instructions: Store in a cool dry place. After opening the store in a tightly closed container or plastic bag in the refrigerator or freezer. Sugar crystals may appear on or under the skin over time. Low heat will melt these crystals.
Medjool dates Large are one of the crown jewels, the plump, moist and luscious Medjool Dates are simply divine. It is very large and fleshy with a small pit. Medjool dates are naturally sweet without added sugar, making them a healthy potassium treat. As a part of a healthy lifestyle:
- Medjool Large Dates Low in Fat, Rich in Vitamins:
Medjool dates Large are loaded with the energy you need every day to win a marathon or get you through a tough day, Dates are high in dietary fiber, carbohydrates, and contain more potassium than bananas! Yet they are virtually fat, cholesterol and sodium free!
- Meet Your Daily Fruit Requirement:
A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid’s food group. Eating jumbo Medjool dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
- High in both Soluble and Insoluble Fiber:
The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. Medjool dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 2 grams of dietary fiber. That’s 7 percent of your recommended daily value.
- Natural Energy Booster:
A serving of power-packed California dates contains 20 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 2 grams of dietary fiber and 19 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
- Regulate Blood Pressure:
Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, jumbo Medjool dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body’s metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
- Contain 3X As Much Potassium as Bananas:
Eating Medjool Large Dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
- Excellent Source of B-Vitamins:
Medjool Large Dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
- Rich in Magnesium and Iron:
Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
- Medjool dates Large a low fat diet rich in fiber-containing grain products, fruits, and vegetables (like dates) may reduce the risk of some types of cancers, Jumbo Medjool dates are loaded with the energy you need every day to win a marathon or get you through a tough day.
- Medjool dates Large a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease, Contain 3X as Much Potassium as Bananas.
- A low sodium diet may reduce the risk of high blood pressure; Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body’s metabolism.
- Rich in Magnesium and Iron, Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production.
- Excellent Source of B-Vitamins, Medjool dates Large contains a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body.